Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Family Portrait (Mixed Group #2)

The way I bond or 'play' with my dolls is through inventing stories about them: who they are, what kind of a world they live in, how they relate to each other.. Since my collection took off in various directions lately, my dolls' characters are broken down into groups by storyline. I have always wanted to take group pictures of my entire collection by storyline, but the task seemed daunting. However, recently our vacation got canceled due to kids' illness that was however mild enough, so I found myself with a bit of free time on my hands. Here is what came out of it - the pictures of my first doll group!

Airé - Raspberry от NobleDolls / Asella - is a steampunk witch, living in a world somewhat similar to Pratchett's Discworld. She spends most of her days in a workshop, perfecting and selling her half-magical, half-mechanical inventions.

Mixed group #2

Airé is a single mom to three-year-old Addie (Addie от Bo Bergemann):

Mixed group #2

Her best friend and business partner - Sophie (Sophia by Bo Bergemann). She is an astrologer and fortune teller:

Mixed group #2

The ladies support each other by sharing one rental property that houses their both workshops downstairs and an apartment upstairs, where they live together in order to share childcare and housekeeping services of their maid /nanny, who takes care of Sophie's baby too, 1 year old Lani (Sugar Baby Leilani от Bo Bergemann).

Mixed group #2

Nanny's name is Emma-Rose, she is Mikhaila by Leekeworld. Here she is, surrounded by her lovely 'daycare' population:

Mixed group #2

The last but not least (and always ready to prove it) is a fire-breathing mini-dragon Flickr; he is created by Sarah Saiter, also known as The Mushroom Peddler:

Mixed group #2

And finally - a group photo:

Mixed group #2


(The list of my other dolls broken down by storylines is to be found HERE. It has recently changed and I'll update it ASAP.)



No comments:

Post a Comment